Use of the Live Below the Line Website (“the Website”) site is provided by the Oaktree Foundation (“Oaktree”) in Australia, subject to the following Terms of Service. Live Below the Line is a community fundraising campaign that is coordinated by Oaktree in Australia.
Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms of Service as at the date of your first use of the Website. If these Terms of Service are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
These Terms of Service cover the following areas:
- Application of Terms of Service
- About the charities featured on this website
- Use of your donation
- Protecting your password
- User conduct
- Personal health
- Governing law
- Third party rights
- Use of Oaktree’s Live Below the Line fundraising page by users under the age of 16
- APPLICATION OF TERMS OF SERVICE
These Terms of Service apply to all participants signed up to the Australian Live Below the Line campaign coordinated by Oaktree, via www.livebelowtheline.com.au.
- ABOUT THE CHARITIES FEATURED ON THIS WEBSITE
The Website and its associated services will allow you to donate to, and raise funds for, any of the charities and organisations listed on this Website. Every member charity or organisation featured has a contractual agreement with Oaktree. Member charities and organisations are accepted as members at Oaktree’s discretion. It is the user’s responsibility to check that they are donating to the organisation they intended.
Oaktree does not provide refunds for donations made to the Live Below the Line campaign in Australia, except for situations involving technical fault or extenuating circumstances. If you feel your donation may fall under either of these exceptions, please email a formal refund request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Oaktree reserves the right to exercise it's discretion with regards to any such request.
- USE OF YOUR DONATION
Oaktree is not responsible for any dissatisfaction you may have regarding the recipient organisation's use of any donation you may make through the Website or its associated services powered by us. Please note that the recipient organisation reserves the right to use your donation for its general purposes. Oaktree cannot guarantee that funds will be earmarked for a particular appeal, unless specifically stated by the recipient organisation itself.
- PROTECTING YOUR PASSWORD
When you register with Live Below the Line, provided by Oaktree, and choose a password to protect your secure account, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password, we recommend that you change your password immediately and contact us at email@example.com
- USER CONDUCT
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
In particular, but not exclusively:
- You must not upload offensive, obscene or racist content, including photographs, on to the Website or its associated services. Oaktree reserves the right to remove or edit any content posted on the Website or its associated services at its sole discretion and without notice, regardless of whether or not it is, in the opinion of any third party, offensive, obscene or racist. If you notice any such content, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you build a fundraising page on the Website, it is your responsibility to ensure that the content you are uploading on your page, in particular the photograph, is not copyright-protected. If it is, you must obtain the copyright owner's written consent to use it. Oaktree reserves the right to remove any pictures, photographs or copy from personal fundraising pages, at its sole discretion and without notice if their copyright status is in any doubt. If you suspect a breach of copyright on the Website, please email us email@example.com.
- Other than in relation to your own fundraising page, you may not remove or change anything on the Website.
- Posting any content to the Website or its associated services will give Oaktree a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free right to use and reproduce that content.
- In addition, you as a user must not:
- misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any other person or organisation;
- use the website to send junk email or 'spam' to people who do not wish to receive email from you;
- use the Website to conduct, display or forward surveys, raffles, lotteries, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters;
- interfere with, or disrupt, the service or services or networks connected to the service and introduce any computer virus (including any variant or similar malicious code or instructions) to the Oaktree systems;
Oaktree reserves the right to cancel your membership and delete any fundraising page without notice in the event of a breach of the above rules.
The Website and its associated services contains links to the websites of member charities and other organisations, whether charities or otherwise. Inclusion of a link to another website does not imply endorsement of its content or opinions. Oaktree accepts no responsibility for the content of external websites.
The name Oaktree and Live Below the Line Australia, the logo and any other product that we may present on the Website or its associated services from time to time may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not belonging to Oaktree or the Live Below the Line campaign, nor in any manner that is likely to cause confusion, or in any way that may disparage or discredit Oaktree or the Live Below the Line campaign. Other trademarks, service marks or logos that appear on the Website or its associated services, in particular (but not exclusively) those of partner charities, are the property of their respective owners and are likely to be registered trademarks and subject to restrictions as to their use. They must not be used without the express permission of both Oaktree and the trademark owner.
All content on the Website and its associated services is owned by Oaktree, our partner charities, or other original providers, and is protected by the applicable intellectual property and proprietary rights and laws. You may copy content for your own personal, non-commercial use provided you do not alter it or remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice. Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from Oaktree and, where applicable, the copyright holder. If you require further information about the use of content please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Oaktree or the Live Below the Line campaign and partner charities are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Oaktree be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
Oaktree does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
The views of contributors to this website are not necessarily the views of Oaktree.
- PERSONAL HEALTH
The organisers of the Live Below the Line campaign do not undertake responsibility for the health and safety of those participating in the challenge. Medical advice should be sought prior to the challenge, and reasonable precautions should be taken during the week of the Live Below the Line campaign. Participants should cease the challenge immediately if they feel unwell.
Oaktree reserve the rights to change these Terms of Service at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- GOVERNING LAW
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Australia. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Australia.
- THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
A person who is not a party to these Terms of Service has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms of Service.
Oaktree may charge a small transaction fee on donations made on the Website. The exact amount of the fee varies depending on the charity's expected volume of use on the site and is calculated as a percentage of the gross donation. Full details of these fees can be accessed by contacting Oaktree at email@example.com
A person who is a party to these Terms of Service agrees to the following:
"I acknowledge that I understand the nature of all the activities involved in my participation with the Live Below the Line campaign provided by the Oaktree Foundation. I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation. I agree to indemnify the organisers of the Live Below the Line campaign, and any other organisers or service providers associated with this campaign, from any liability arising from my personal actions, where such actions are contrary to the policies of the organisers, the rules, or the directions from team leaders and organisers. I agree that the organisers of the Live Below the Line campaign, and all other persons, corporations or other organisations associated with the campaign, are not liable for any loss or damage suffered by myself or others arising from my involvement with the organisation. I hereby indemnify those persons, corporations and organisations against all liability, loss or damage arising from my participation."
- USE OF OAKTREE'S LIVE BELOW THE LINE FUNDRIASING PAGE BY USERS UNDER THE AGE OF 16
It is a condition of use of the website that any person under the age of 16 obtain the permission of a parent or guardian before using our fundraising services, and be appropriately supervised by an adult, parent or guardian. The supervision requirements are as follows:
- Children under the age of 16 using Oaktree’s fundraising services must do so under the supervision of an adult;
- Children under the age of 12 using Oaktree’s fundraising services must do so under the direct supervision of an adult;
- Children under the age of 8 using Oaktree’s fundraising services must do so under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian.
If you have any concerns whatsoever about a child’s use of our services, please notify us immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by calling us on 03 9028 2759 within Australia.
Live Below the Line is a trademark of Global Poverty Project, and is used under license by Oaktree in Australia.