It’s hard to effectively describe the incredible atmosphere at Bootcamp. The passion, excitement and energy that filled the room as young leaders gathered to learn from the country's best campaigners was truly inspiring.
Here’s what happened:
- We organised in teams to plan action in our local communities
- Had workshops on community organising, communications, one-on-one conversations, the Global Goals & climate finance, engaging diverse stakeholders, gender & structural inequality, political engagement, digital campaigning, and more…
- Had a political panel discuss the role of young people in politics
- Took powerful action around the ALP National Conference - making hundreds of calls, tweets, Facebook posts, emails and letters.
- Had a fantastic party (plus some great lip-sync battles!)
Bootcamp is where Oaktree comes into it's own - we ask hundreds of young leaders to believe in something bold: That everyday people, when working together, have the power to change their communities. This mission defines the spirit of Community Leaders and is proof of the youth power Oaktree prides itself on.